In the upcoming summer heat, the family and friend reunions start to line up. This month, we are inspired by the simplicity of good times with good food. Since the heat can be heavy on us and planning the details of a reunion can be worse, we introduce a savory, simple dish, Toasty Veggie Delight Medley.
Add fresh rosemary and cracked black pepper for the quenching zing to your complimentary dish in the summer heat. Our favorite high-quality borosilicate glass baking dish makes for the perfect baking and display dish.
Ready in 35 minutes Serves 6-8
- 3 medium yellow squash, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 1 or 2 white potatoes, cut into ¼ -inch slices
- 3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- ¼ yellow bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 yellow lemon
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place sliced eggplant, potatoes, yellow bell pepper, zucchini and onions in a large bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and toss to coat well. Pour into a baking dish or foil pan and bake at 450°F for about 25-30 minutes or until desired tenderness. Or place a foil pan on the grill and grill for approximately 20-25 minutes or until desired tenderness.
- Squeeze lemon for taste